About ASTA / Mission, Vision, and Core Values
ASTA creates and leads a community of diverse members to advance string teaching, performing, and scholarship.
Impact and Vision
ASTA members are empowered to provide universal access to string teaching, playing, and learning.
- Teaching & Learning. We are lifelong learners and share our knowledge openly.
- Community and Belonging. We harness the power of collaboration between people and strive to build a place of belonging.
- Equity and Access. We believe every person should have meaningful access to string education and the opportunity to grow as a musician.
- Diversity & Inclusion. We value every person for their differences of identity, ideas, and interests, and we actively work to engage with those differences.
- Integrity. We will be honest and aligned with our values – always.
- Passion. We approach our work with focus and intentionality of commitment.
- Excellence. We will always strive to do our very best work in service of our community.
- Professional Development. Create value through timely and relevant content and professional learning
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Access. Harness the power of DEIA throughout ASTA
- Member Support. Build strong networks of member engagement
- Sustainability. Improve the durability of ASTA to support string teaching into the future
- Advocacy. Tell the story of why string education is vital for every student
ASTA Strategic Plan & Framework, 2022-2025
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Access