ASTA Virtual Meeting Code of Conduct
ASTA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and ASTA staff. All participants, including but not limited to attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, ASTA staff members, service providers, students, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Programs Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all ASTA meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than ASTA but held in conjunction with ASTA events, on public or private platforms.
ASTA has zero tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, ASTA asks that you inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can take appropriate action.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, ASTA staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin.
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, ASTA staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, performances, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by ASTA throughout the virtual meeting or festival. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any ASTA virtual event staff.
- The inclusion of promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services during presentations or when posting messages. ASTA reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Taking screen shots or otherwise copying Q&A, chat room discussions, or other activities that take place in the virtual space.
ASTA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and ASTA reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.