George Bornoff Memorial Scholarship Fund
Sponsored by: Foundation for the Advancement of String Education (FASE) in conjunction with the American String Teachers Association.
Three scholarships to attend the ASTA national conference will be awarded annually in the amount of $800. Applicants must meet the following requirements and submit all of the following items in order to receive consideration. Special consideration will be given to applicants who teach traditionally underserved populations. Selected recipients must complete the George Bornoff Memorial Scholarship Fund Report. Failure to complete the report by the due date will result in the recipient returning the scholarship money.
- Hold a current ASTA membership.
- Be a string teacher in the first five years of teaching.
- Complete and sign the application form.
- Write a 250 word or less essay that clearly explains how this scholarship will assist you in achieving your string education career goals.
- Submit a current resume that includes work experiences, education, and training.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from individuals knowledgeable with your qualifications.
- Write a short article, 500 words or less, for the May issue of American String Teacher on what you learned at the ASTA National Conference and how it will help you in the future.
- To apply for this scholarship, please see below to download the application form. Applications must be submitted as a PDF by Monday, December 4, 2017, to email@example.com