COVID-19 Financial Relief Options for
Studio Teachers, Performers, and Small Businesses


The CARES Act passed by the U.S. government provides relief for self-employed persons, sole proprietors, small businesses, and independent contractors financially impacted by COVID-19. You may fall into one of these categories as a studio teacher, small business, and/or performer (independent contractor).

The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is currently accepting new Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) applications from all qualified small businesses. Loans through the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) resume on January 11, 2021.

Check the SBA website for the most up-to-date information. Please contact your financial advisor, bank representative, or accountant to see if you are eligible for relief.

Unemployment Insurance Relief

The CARES Act gives states the option of extending unemployment compensation to independent contractors and other workers who are ordinarily ineligible for unemployment benefits. Please contact your state’s unemployment insurance office to learn more about the availability of these benefits where you live.

Additional Resources

COVID-19 Emergency Loans: Small Business Guide (U.S. Chamber of Commerce)