We provide professional development, career building & support, and a community of peers for all teachers of stringed instruments.
Enriching lives through universal access to fine string playing and teaching.
- Community. We harness the power of collaboration between people.
- Excellence. We will always strive to do our very best work in service of our community.
- Teaching & Learning. We are lifelong learners and share our knowledge openly.
Integrity. We will be honest and aligned with our values – always.
- Passion. We approach our work with focus and intentionality of commitment.
- Diversity & Inclusion. We value every person for the differences of identity, ideas, and interests they bring, and we actively work to engage with those differences.
- Develop and deliver high-value, timely solutions that support the string teacher and player’s evolving needs.
- Foster community among string teachers and players.
- Ensure the organizational future of ASTA for upcoming generations of string teachers and players with membership growth and financial health.