Call for Nominations: ASTA Board of Directors
Deadline September 30, 2022
ASTA is currently seeking candidates for the following open board positions:
- Member-at-Large (2 positions)
Service begins May 15, 2023, and ends May 15, 2025.
Service on the ASTA Board of Directors is a chance to help drive the decisions of our national association and shape the future of string teaching and playing. ASTA staff takes care of managing the association’s day-to-day operations, which allows board members to focus on matters of strategic importance that improve the programs and services offered to members. Board service is a chance to grow professionally and personally, gain valuable skills and experience, and make lasting connections with a team of passionate and motivated professionals.
The term of office for members-at-large is two years.
Candidates must meet a professional standard of excellence by demonstrating the following:
- Active membership in ASTA
- Commitment to ASTA’s vision, mission and values
- Willingness to accept a leadership role in building the future of our national organization
- Time to dedicate to fulfilling board responsibilities
- Ability to register for and attend the ASTA National Conference during the term of office
- A personally meaningful donation to ASTA
- Ability to travel to two board meetings annually
For more details, please view the following:
ASTA Board of Directors Leadership Characteristics
(Adobe PDF File)
ASTA Member At Large Job Description
, including Board member expectations
To be considered or to place an ASTA colleague into consideration, please complete this form
Information requested for candidates on the form include:
- Contact information for the candidate
- Contact information for the nominator (if different)
- Brief description of why this person is a good candidate for the selected position
- List of ASTA activities and leadership positions (state, local, national) held in the previous 5 years
- Response to one of the following questions regarding the candidate’s work supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion:
- Please share with us what diversity, equity and inclusion mean to you and why they are important
- What is your approach to understanding the perspectives of colleagues and volunteers from different backgrounds?
- Tell us about a time when you advocated for diversity and inclusion in your profession?
- A recent resume or C/V (or link to such material if you are nominating a colleague)
The call for nominations closes on September 30, 2022, and the election begins December 2022. Board members take office May 15, 2023.