Affordable Instrument Insurance
ASTA members enjoy a special discounted rate on instrument insurance through Huntington T. Block (formerly Merz Huber). Your membership must stay current in order to enjoy these valuable savings. To contact Huntington T. Block, please call 202-862-5346 or 855-219-3189.
Other Insurance Plans Available to ASTA Members
As part of our continuing goal to provide members with the best possible benefits, ASTA is proud to announce a partnership with a leading group insurance administrator, Forrest T. Jones & Company, Inc. (FTJ). To learn more about the programs listed below, contact FTJ toll-free at 800-821-7303. You also may visit www.ftj.com/ASTA for complete plan information and downloadable applications.
We encourage you to spend a few minutes reviewing the website section designed especially for ASTA members, as it outlines the many valuable insurance products now available. Here are a few highlights:
• Educators Professional Liability Insurance Plan – This plan offers broad coverage for employed educators and student educators with up to $2 million of protection. Your part-time private practice activities may be eligible for coverage, as well.
• Comprehensive Health Plans – These include individual health plans, health savings accounts, family PPO plans, and group employee health plans.
• 10-Year Level Term Life – This plan features affordable rates that are guaranteed for the first 10 years of coverage. You may request coverage amounts from $100,000 to $1 million in $25,000 increments.
• Personal Automobile Insurance – As a member of ASTA, you may be eligible for an 8 percent discount off GEICO’s already low rates (in most states). GEICO can also help with homeowners and renters insurance.
• ID Theft Assist – This program offers online monitoring and proactive help to protect your assets and reputation.
How to Access the Site
To access the services and get quotes available in your state, go to www.ftj.com/ASTA and select your state of residence. When the menu of available insurance programs appears, browse the options and quickly obtain your quote. The site provides you with all the details you need to access the insurance benefits that are right for you.
The health and financial well-being of our members and their families is of great importance to ASTA. Through our partnership with FTJ, ASTA is admitted to the Trust for Insuring Educators (TIE), a group of more than 60 educational associations with a combined enrollment of more than 1.5 million members. The enormous buying power of TIE allows us to offer a portfolio of insurance benefits designed to meet the needs and budgets of ASTA members. We have great confidence in the folks at FTJ because they have been offering insurance programs to educators for more than 50 years.
Have a Question or Need Assistance?
To learn more about the programs available to ASTA members, contact FTJ toll-free at 800-821-7303 or visit www.ftj.com/ASTA for complete plan information and downloadable applications.