Advancing Strings Campaign
Giving in Harmony
ASTA is pleased to launch its annual campaign to raise money to support string music education across the nation. This year we have chosen the theme “Giving in Harmony; $50 Helps.” We believe that providing young people with the opportunities to learn to play stringed instrument is a wise investment, especially during these uncertain economic times when so many music and arts programs are in jeopardy. We are asking string supporters to make a $50 tax-deductible donation to ASTA. Your donation will be used to support programs that provide instruments and bows to children, to fund string music programs at the local level, and to recognize and support aspiring string players.
Make a gift online.
Top 5 Reasons to Give
- Your donation can help change a life! ASTA often receives thank you notes from our instrument and bow recipients letting us know how grateful they are for their new instrument. Many students are able to go to college, pursue a scholarship, practice at home and during the summer, or explore new opportunities such as music camps because of their new instrument.
- No matter the size of your gift, you will help support the profession and passion you love. ASTA appreciates all of the gifts we receive. With the gifts we receive—on their own or in combination with other gifts—ASTA can establish scholarship funds, seed new programs, offer competitions, and much, much more.
- ASTA is a 501(c)(3) organization and your gift is tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. You may want to talk to your tax consultant to discuss additional tax-deductible opportunities such as planned giving. Contact ASTA if you are interested in including us in your estate plans.
- You want to ensure that future generations may benefit from string music. You have dedicated your life to strings. Give the same chance to the generations to follow. Your gift has the potential to affect students for years to come.
- You believe in ASTA’s mission and want our programs to continue. ASTA has several exciting and educational programs that you can support. These include all of the educational programs of the National Foundation, the National Orchestra Festival, the National Solo Competition, and the National Honors High School Orchestra. In recent years, ASTA has developed several projects that encourage children to pursue careers in string teaching, help teachers incorporate alternative styles in to their curriculum, and establish new string programs at the university level. Your donation can help ensure that these programs, and new ones, will continue.
If you prefer to mail in your gift, please send to the National Office or call 703/279-2113, extension 26 for further information.