Call for Session Proposals is now open!
Deadline: April 17, 2017
The ASTA Conference Planning committee is seeking session proposals from the membership to be presented at the 2018 ASTA National Conference in Atlanta, GA from March 7-10. Notifications of session proposal status will be sent in early August 2017.
Session Proposal Process
- ASTA represents multiple communities- instrument specific and also teaching environments. See where your session proposal might fit. You must select an audience during your submission process.
- ASTA is looking for a wide variety of topics. View all the topic areas here. During the submission process, you will need to pick one primary content area and two secondary areas as well as a session format session format .
- All speakers must agree to the speaker guidelines . Only ASTA members may submit session proposals. To join or renew – click here
- To find your member ID, visit www.astaweb.com. In the upper right hand corner, click login and your default user name and password is your email address on file with ASTA. Once logged in, click on the my account tab found at the very top of the page.
- The proposal deadline is April 17. The submission process is online. No paper applications will be accepted.
Submit your proposal today.
Speakers for ASTA's education programs provide an invaluable educational, community-building, and leadership service and, in return, speakers receive an unparalleled opportunity to elevate their standing in the string community.
Interested in Exhibiting?
Reach over 1,000 professionals with your products and services - be a part of the ASTA exhibit experience! Interested in exhibiting? Have questions? Contact Susan Hoopes, 703-279-2113 ext. 22, or email her at email@example.com
Interested in Doing a Showcase Session?
Exhibitor Music Industry Showcase sessions are held through a sponsorship a from the presenting company. These educational/informational sessions highlight some of the specific products and services available to enhance ASTA members' teaching and performing experiences. Interested in presenting a showcase session? Contact Susan Hoopes, 703-279-2113, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Juried Research Poster Session
Research conducted by leading pedagogues will be on display with authors available to discuss their research and answer questions.
Interested in presenting a Poster Session?
The proposal process will open September 2017 with an October 13 deadline.