Application Guidelines and Requirements
Applications for 2022 are now CLOSED. Notifications were sent on June 4, 2021.
If you are interested in participating in the 2023 ASTA National Orchestra Festival in Orlando, Florida, sign up to receive information
as soon as it's available.
The following items are required:
- Basic school and director information.
- Digital uploads of two contrasting selections (no solo repertoire) of the group recorded January 2019 through present. Upload formats include audio (mp3, ogg, m4a, aiff, wma, wav, acc) or video (mpeg, mpg, mp4, ogg, mov, avi, wmv, m4v, vob).
- Full orchestras must submit one selection with full orchestra and one selection with strings only.
- Selections must be unedited.
- Two examples of printed programs from the past two years in PDF format.
- The names and telephone numbers of two prominent music educators who have worked with or heard the ensemble during the past two years, as references.
- A non-refundable $100 application fee per ensemble, which includes the Acceptd© fee.
Application Review and Notification
Applications will be reviewed and festival participants selected by a national committee. Directors will be notified of the results by June 4, 2021. Directors will then need to submit a signed contract and a $1,000 non-refundable deposit by August 30, 2021. These materials will confirm participation in the festival. The deposit will be applied directly to the group's package fees. Directors who miss the contract deadline may forfeit their position in the festival to a waiting-list group. For specific group questions, please contact Chloe Mujwit at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (703) 279-2113.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
All cancellation requests must be received in writing by October 1, 2021, to email@example.com. No refunds will be given on any payments made prior to October 1, 2021, but upon written cancellation confirmation from the ASTA National Office, the remaining balance for your group will be waived.
ASTA is counting on your participation as indicated in your signed contract, and may have turned away other potential participating ensembles. Groups cannot cancel their participation after October 1, 2021. Groups not wishing to participate after October 1, 2021, are still liable for the full amount due and no refunds will be given on any payments already made. NO EXCEPTIONS. This cancellation policy also applies to all circumstances beyond the attendee’s and/or ASTA’s control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulations, disaster, strikes, civil disorder, or curtailment of transportation. If you have a special circumstance preventing your group from participating and would like it to be reviewed for special consideration, please send, in writing, an explanation of your circumstance and include any appropriate documentation. Your request will be reviewed within 30 days, and you will be notified subsequently of the outcome.
The minimum number of student participants is 16. Groups may increase and decrease their total participant number until December 15, 2021. After December, 15, 2021, groups are responsible for the last confirmed total number of participants received by ASTA.