Application Guidelines and Requirements
Applications for the 2020 National Orchestra Festival are now OPEN! Applications must be completed by April 15, 2019.
How to Apply
Submit your application online through Acceptd©. You will need:
- Digital uploads of two contrasting selections (no solo repertoire) of the group recorded after September 1, 2018.
- Upload formats include: Audio - mp3, ogg, m4a, wma, wav, acc, or Video - mpeg, mpg, mp4, off, mov, avi, wmv, m4v, vob.
- Full orchestras must submit one selections with full orchestra and one selection with strings only.
- Selections must be unedited.
- Two examples of printed programs from the past two years in PDF format.
- The names and telephone numbers of two prominent music educators who have worked with or heard the ensemble during the past two years.
- A non-refundable $100 application fee per ensemble, which includes Acceptd© fee.
Application Review and Notification
Applications will be reviewed and festival participants selected by a national committee. Directors will be notified of the results by May 21, 2019. Directors will then need to submit a signed contract and $1,000 non-refundable deposit by August 15, 2019. These materials will confirm participation in the festival. The deposit will be applied directly to the group's package fees. Directors who miss the contract deadline may forfeit their position in the festival to a waiting-list group. For specific group questions, please contact NOF Coordinator, Claire Morrell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (703) 279-2113.
ASTA is counting on your participation as indicated in the signed contract, and may have turned away other potential participating ensembles. Groups cannot cancel their participation after the signed contract of acceptance is returned to the ASTA. Groups not wishing to participate after the contract is signed are still liable for the full amount due. NO EXCEPTIONS. As there are no cancellations, there are no refunds on monies paid (applications fees, deposits, and other payments). This cancellation policy also applies to all circumstances beyond the attendee's and/or ASTA's control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulations, disaster, strikes, civil disorder, or curtailment of transportation. If you have a special circumstance preventing your group from participating and would like it to be reviewed for special consideration, please send, in writing, an explanation of your circumstance and include any appropriate documentation. Your request will be reviewing within 30 days, and you will be notified subsequently of the outcome.
Save the date for future NOF's!
March 4-7, 2020 in Orlando, Florida
March 3-6 in Louisville, Kentucky