The Details - Please read before submitting your proposal:
Presenters will be notified of the status of their submission through the online submission system, so please make sure your email address is correct.
- Focus Areas: Where does your proposal focus its content? The conference committee aims to have a program that serves the needs of ASTA's diverse community of string teachers; therefore, sessions are selected to meet the needs of the categories above. Presenters are required to choose two focus areas for their proposed sessions: one as the primary area for the proposed session and another as a secondary area.
- Learning Formats: Learning formats support a range of instruction that give attendees the option of choosing different content, materials, and methods to match their objectives. ASTA will publicize the session types in 2023.
- Session Topic Areas: What are the primary and secondary topic areas that best describe the session?
- Connection to Conference Theme (300 words): How does your session proposal connect to the conference theme of Building a More Inclusive Community?
- Marketing Description (50-75 words): Write a description of your session that will appear in marketing materials if your session is selected.
- Abstract (300 words; this should be different from the Marketing Description): What will the audience learn? Please include at least three learning objectives.
- Presenter Information: Please provide a brief summary of your qualifications, including your additional session presenters. Please include past experience conducting workshops or delivering presentations.
- Demographic data: ASTA is asking for demographic data to help the conference committee build a program that includes a diverse group of presenters, including new presenters, returning presenters, and demographically diverse presenters.
- Membership: All speakers must be ASTA members and will need their ASTA Member ID number. If you do not have your ASTA Member ID number, sign in above to access your member profile.
- For More Information: You can get details on all the information needed for the application here.
We will notify applicants of their acceptance status in August 2022.
- The committee will not accept session proposals that are solely performance-based and those that promote individual commercial products. Commercial materials may be used in a session for educational objectives, but they cannot be used for promotional purposes. Taking orders or selling products during the session is prohibited.
- Exhibitor Showcase applications (sessions promoting commercial products; see Music Industry Showcase Sessions below) are available for purchase through the exhibitor prospectus and must be reserved by the sponsoring company.
- IMPORTANT: All other session proposals will ONLY be accepted through this online submission process. No paper applications will be accepted. The deadline for submitting session proposals is 11:59 pm PDT June 3, 2022.
- All session presenters, co-presenters, and panelists must be current ASTA members when submitting the proposal and at the time of the presentation, and are expected to register for the full conference.
- All applications must be complete to receive consideration. Incomplete applications and applications not meeting the guidelines will be rejected.
- You can learn more about how conference session proposals are reviewed by the ASTA National Conference Committee here. You can get an overview of application details here.
Please make sure your email address is correct and that it is where you would like notifications to be sent.
Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Call for Session Proposals is now closed.
Music Industry Showcase Sessions - Limited number available for purchase
These sessions are for promotion of commercial products and services. They give companies the opportunity to share expertise, launch new products, market directly to a focused group for a one-hour block, and provide increased visibility for products and services. Showcase sessions are available for purchase on a first-come, first-served basis and are available to ASTA business members exhibiting at the conference. ASTA business members
: Please contact your company representative to have them reserve the showcase slot. Company representatives
: Please contact email@example.com
or use the exhibitor prospectus contract to reserve your slot.