The Details - Please read all the information prior to submitting your proposal(s):
Speakers will be notified of the status of their submission through the online submission system, so please make sure that your email address is correct.
- Primary Target Audience: Who are you teaching? The conference committee aims to have a diverse program; therefore, there is a blend of education that falls into the audience categories above. Select one and include it in your proposal (required).
- Learning Formats: Learning formats support a range of instruction that give attendees the option of choosing different content, materials, and methods that match their learning objectives.
- Primary and Secondary Session Topic Focus: What are the primary and secondary topic areas that best describe the session?
- Marketing Description (50-75 words): Write a description that ASTA can use to promote the session if selected.
- Abstract (300 words; this should be different from the Marketing Description): What will the audience learn? Some of the criteria for the selection committee to consider are the learning objectives to vet content.
- Speaker Information: Please include a brief professional biography for each speaker in your session; if you have presented at previous ASTA or statewide conferences, please be sure to include this information here.
All speakers must be ASTA members and will need their ASTA Member ID number. To find your ASTA Member ID number, login into the website in the top navigation. (The default user name and password are your email address on file with ASTA.) Once logged in, click on “My Profile” and you will find your ID number in your member profile.
Music Industry Showcase Sessions - Limited number available
- The committee will not accept session proposals that are solely performance-based and those that promote individual commercial products. Commercial materials may be used in a session for educational objectives, but they cannot be used for promotional purposes. Taking orders or selling products during the session is prohibited.
- Exhibitor Showcase applications (sessions promoting commercial products; see Music Industry Showcase Sessions below) are available for purchase through the exhibitor prospectus and must be reserved by the sponsoring company.
- All applicants (presenters and co-presenters) must be current members of ASTA at the time of application and at the time of the conference; they also are expected to register for the full conference.
- IMPORTANT: Session proposals will ONLY be accepted through this online submission process. No paper applications will be accepted. Online software will be available to accept session proposals until 11:59 pm ET on May 3, 2021.
These sessions are for promotion of commercial products and services. They give companies the opportunity to share expertise, launch new products, market directly to a focused group for a one-hour block, and provide increased visibility for products and services. Showcase sessions are available for purchase on a first-come, first-served basis and are available to ASTA business members exhibiting at the conference. ASTA business members:
Please contact your company representative to have them reserve the showcase slot. Company representatives:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or use the exhibitor prospectus contract to reserve your slot.
Thank you for your support of ASTA and the strings community.
Email us at email@example.com