The Details - Please read all the information prior to submitting a proposal(s)
Speakers will be notified of the status of their submission through the online submission system, so please make sure that your email address is correct.
- Primary Target Audience: Who are you teaching? The conference committee aims to have a diverse program; therefore, there is a blend of education that falls into the following audience categories. Select one and include it in the proposal (required).
- Learning Formats: Learning formats support a range of instruction that give attendees that option of choosing different content, materials and methods that match their objectives. ASTA will publicize the session types in 2019.
- Primary and Secondary Session Topic Focus: What are the primary and secondary topic areas that best describes the session?
- Marketing Description (50-75 words): Write a description that ASTA can use to market the session if selected.
- Abstract (300 words; this should be different than the Marketing Description): What will the audience learn? Some of the criteria for the selection committee to consider are the learning objectives to vet content.
- Speaker Information: Please include a brief professional biography for each speaker in your session; if you have presented at previous ASTA or statewide conferences, please be sure to include this information here.
All speakers must be ASTA members and will need their ASTA Member ID number. To find your ASTA Member ID number, login into the website in the top navigation. (The default user name and password are your email address on file with ASTA.) Once logged in, click on “Hi, your name,” and you will find your ID number in your member profile.
Product Promotion Showcases - Limited number available
- The committee will not accept session proposals that are solely performance based and those that promote individual commercial products. Commercial materials may be used in a session for educational objectives, but they cannot be used for promotional purposes. Taking orders or selling products during the session is prohibited.
- Exhibitor Showcase applications (sessions promoting commercial products/Product Promotion Showcase) are available through the exhibitor prospectus and must be reserved by the sponsoring company.
- All applicants must be current members of ASTA at the time of application and also at the time of conference; furthermore, they are expected to register for the full conference.
- IMPORTANT: Session proposals will ONLY be submitted through this online submission process. No paper applications will be accepted. Online software will be available to accept session information until midnight April 17, 2018.
These sessions are for promotion of commercial products and services. These sessions give companies the opportunity to launch new products, market directly to a focused group for a one-hour block, and provide increased visibility for your product or service. Showcases are available for purchase on a first-come, first-served basis and are available to members of the String Industry Council exhibiting at the conference.
Please contact your company representative to have them reserve the showcase slot.
Please contact Susan Hoopes at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or use the exhibitor prospects contract to reserve your slot.
Thank you for your support of ASTA and the strings community.
Questions? Email email@example.com.