George Bornoff Memorial Scholarship Fund
Applications for the 2019 National Conference are now OPEN! Please fill out the application below by December 3, 2018, and email to email@example.com.
Sponsored by: Foundation for the Advancement of String Education (FASE) in conjunction with ASTA.
Three scholarships to attend the ASTA national conference will be awarded annually in the amount of $800. Applicants must meet the following requirements and submit all of the following items in order to receive consideration. Special consideration will be given to applicants who teach traditionally underserved populations. Selected recipients must complete the George Bornoff Memorial Scholarship Fund Report. Failure to complete the report by the due date will result in the recipient returning the scholarship money.
- Have a current ASTA membership.
- Be a string teacher in the first five years of teaching.
- Complete and sign the application form.
- Write an essay (250 words or less) that clearly explains how this scholarship will assist you in achieving your string education career goals.
- Submit a current resume that includes work experience, education, and training.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from individuals knowledgeable about your qualifications.
- If selected for a scholarship, write a short article (500 words) for the May issue of American String Teacher on what you learned at ASTA National Conference and how it will help you in the future.
Applications for the 2019 National Conference are now OPEN. Please fill out the application by December 3, 2018, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.